The canonization of Mother Teresa into sainthood has been a long time coming. Here are 10 most powerful quotes by Mother Teresa.
1. “I am everything. Every country I love and I am a child of God to love the humans,” she said in a 1995 interview when asked about her nationality.
2. “I see somebody dying, I pick him up. I find somebody hungry, I give him food. He can love and be loved. I don’t look at his color, I don’t look at his religion. I don’t look at anything. Every person whether he is Hindu, Muslim or Buddhist, he is my brother, my sister,” she said in the same interview.
3. “Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.”
4. “Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
5. “Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the action that we do,” she said in her Nobel Peace Prize lecture in 1979.
6. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”
7. “If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.”
8. “It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start.”
9. “We have been created for greater things, to love and be loved,” she wrote in Where There is Love, There is God.
10. “It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.”