ElectionPoliticsU.S.

Newt Gingrich to Megyn Kelly: ‘You Are Fascinated with Sex’

posted by Breanna Khorrami 14 Comments
Newt Gingrich to Megyn Kelly: 'You Are Fascinated with Sex' - Citizen Slant

Newt Gingrich is now feuding with his former employer, Fox News, and one of its most popular personalities, Megyn Kelly.

In a stunning exchange on Megyn Kelly’s ‘The Kelly Files,’ Gingrich exploded after Kelly confronted him with Trump being baited by Hillary Clinton during the first debate when she brought up former Miss Universe Alicia Machado, followed by the ‘Access Hollywood’ recording, which Kelly was quick to point out “was not produced by Hillary Clinton; that was Trump.”

The exchange is indicative of the trouble that the Republican presidential nominee is having with women. The Trump Campaign’s strategy has been to blame the media for giving credence to the accusers and also to blame the accusers themselves, with Trump famously saying that he was going to sue all of his accusers after the election.

Kelly interrupted the former House Speaker, by saying if “Trump is a sexual predator,” before she was interrupted by Gingrich saying “He is not a sexual predator. That’s not true. You could not defend that statement. I am sick and tired of people like you using language that’s inflammatory that’s not true.”

Kelly replied “Excuse me, Mr. Speaker, you have no idea whether it’s true or not.” Gingrich shot back, “And neither do you,” to which Kelly replied “That’s right, and that’s why I’m not taking a position on that.”

As the pair continued, the Fox anchor said

“I think your defensiveness on this may speak volumes on this, sir … What we saw on that tape is Trump himself saying that he likes to grab women by their genitals and kiss them against their will. That’s what we saw. Then we saw 10 women come forward after he denied actually doing it … He denies it all, which is his right. We don’t know what the truth is. My point to you is that as a media story, we don’t get to say the ten women are lying, we have to cover that story, sir.”

Gingrich then launched into other topics and how the media — including Fox News — are not interested in covering various other subjects, concluding by accusing Kelly of being “fascinated with sex, and you don’t care about public policy.

She responded by saying “Mr. Speaker, I am not fascinated by sex. But I am fascinated by the protection of women and by understanding what we’re getting in the Oval Office.”

You may also like

14 Comments

melinda at

You so need to look at your own shows…you are obsessed with 10 ya old sex tape instead of reporting all Hillary ‘s corruption very disappointed you would treat Newt as you did….hope fox news cancels your show it is very clear each night who you are supporting…I won’t be watching your show anymore very disgraceful Megan you should know better.

Brian at

Come on megan hey Bill Clinton was a sexual predator but you couldn’t even admitted it but will call donald trump one and it hasn’t even been proven by these women

Cathy at

Newt us absolutely right on about you, Kelly! With all the major issues at stake during this election, you are fascinated on Trump’s locker room comments. I am SICK of hearing you constantly bring this up. I used to listen to O’Reilly then you then Hannity. But now, because of your constant ranting on this STUPID video, I can’t stand to listen to you anymore. I turn the channel until your show is over then come back to watch Hannity. Newt was right on to go after you. I was very disappointed in you as well.

Robert at

Kelly you just got owned in your own jealous bias, the most despicable thing about you is your infatuation with what was said 11 year’s ago, and your support for a vet killer, fuck your woman fealers

Elizabeth at

Megan ..I think u need to cover the real issues… You know just like the rest of us know those women had to be paid to say that…what about those things about killary …not hearing a lot from you about that…what has happen to you…

Marianne at

Megan, you crossed the line when you called Trump a sexual predator. In America a person is innocent until proven guilty. Accusations do not make guilt either. You wouldn’t call Clinton one when it has been proven so. You owe newt an apology and Americans who are voting for Trump right now. A great deal of America watches fox only because they report on Trump honestly. If this is not rectified quickly there will be a boycott of your show. We will be watching tomorrow!!! If you don’t apology you will be put into the category of dishonest media.

Elizabeth Harrison at

Megan kelly can call Mr Trump a sexual predator but wouldn’t call Bill Clinton a sexual predator. How dare her talk to Mr Gingrich in that manner. Megan is as Corupt as Hillary. The news media won’t talk about the issues that matter, just sex.
Shame on Fox for allowing her to stay on.

Martha at

Kelly I will not watch your show anymore you are not nice or fair when it comes to trump or any of his supporters and sometimes you even come off a little nasty.

Kathy estes at

Megan Kelly you are wrong to attach Newt like that. He was right. You are a fool. I suspected you were a traitor. You proved my suspects tonight. I will vote with my feet. I will no longer be watching you. You are a bitter person. You think you know what I think. Well mam this white Female is for Trump. It is you who needs anger management! You are a hateful bitter person. Bye bye forever!

Kent at

I’ve always liked Megyn up until the past year or two. Hearing the interview with Speaker Gingrich tonight, I have lost most respect for her and actually turned my TV off, and since she asked what her viewers thought on Facebook, I thought I’d let her know, she needs to be more respectful. Wish she could’ve admitted the truth about The Clintons. They do appear to be corrupt and there is no reason they should even be allowed back in the White House for security reasons pertaining to their dishonesty and criminal activities. I truly hate to say that I’ll most likely not be tuning in to your programs any longer.

Audra at

Find another station to go be an utterly biased bitch on! There’s enough of you in the world! I won’t watch your show anymore! You don’t even try to feign disinterest!!!!

Dave Davis at

Well Megyn Kelly looks like your ass is on the way out that was quite appalling last night with Newt Gingrich obviously you dislike Trump too damn bad time for you to go you sealed your fate

Robin Mayfield at

Used to tape this show 5 days a week. No more. When you can’t say that Bill Clinton is a sexual predator, but say that. Trump is then you are no longer reporting the news. Bill Clinton was literally caught with his pants down in the Oval Office with a 21 year old intern and he was the sitting president. He groped women throughout his political career and he got away with it because Hillary hired a detective to find them and threaten them. It is in the book written by Bill’s press secretary. Megyn is so biased that she needs to move to ABC.
I will not watch her show anymore.

Lora at

Your interview with Newt Gingrich was the Icing on the cake to make me stop watching you. I used to watch you if I couldn” see any other show. Your anger against Trump is affecting how you are acting lately.