Robert Reich, former U.S. Labor Secretary, had a bone to pick with Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway for her recent assertion that the media doesn’t show “respect for and recognition of the dignity for the office of the president.”
In a stinging Facebook post that was published on Friday, Reich directly addressed Conway, stating,
“No, Kellyanne, it’s Trump who lacks respect for and recognition of the dignity of the office of the president.”
Reich then went through a list of 12 of Mr. Trump’s most recent gaffes and errors that, he claims, showcase the fact that the President is “further disgracing the office he holds.”
The full list, which he refers to as a “small sampling from recent days” can be seen below:
“1. After being told of a Texas state senator who wants to require convictions before the state can forfeit property, Trump asks for the senator’s name and says “we’ll destroy his career.”
2. In response to criticism by Senator John McCain that his Yemen operation wasn’t successful, Trump says McCain “only emboldens the enemy! He’s been losing so long he doesn’t know how to win anymore.”
3. After Senator Richard Blumenthal relates that his Supreme Court nominee finds Trump’s criticisms of the courts “demoralizing,” Trump blasts Blumenthal “who never fought in Vietnam when he said for years he had (major lie), now misrepresents what Judge Gorsuch told him.”
4. Trump tells the press that “daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom,” after Nordstrom dropped her line due to declining sales.
5. Trump tells military officials that America’s “very dishonest press doesn’t want to report” acts of terrorism.
6. He threatens to “end the sanctuary cities that have resulted in so many needless deaths,” when there’s no evidence of “needless deaths” in sanctuary cities.
7. When his ban on entry to the United States from 7 Muslim countries, which exempts Christians, is stayed by a federal judge, Trump attacks the “so-called judge,” saying “if something happens blame him and court system.”
8. He continues to repeats claims of “massive voter fraud” in 2016 election, although has no evidence whatsoever of such fraud.
9. He warns Mexican President Pena Nieto that Trump is ready to send U.S. troops to Mexico to stop “bad hombres down there” if Mexico’s military can’t control them.
10. Trump berates Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull for assuming the U.S. would follow through on its deal to take some refugees that had come to Australia.
11. At a National Prayer Breakfast Trump asks attendees to “pray for former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger,” who replaced him as the host of NBC’s The Celebrity Apprentice, because the show’s ratings haven’t reached the level they did with Trump as the star.
12. Trump continues to rake in money from his businesses that benefit from his being president.”
Read Reich’s full post here: