PoliticsU.S.

WATCH: First Lady Melania Trump Says ‘the Lord’s Prayer,’ then Attacks Critics

posted by Brandon Mikhail 6 Comments
melania trump - citizen slant

During U.S. President Donald Trump’s rally in Florida on Saturday, FLOTUS Melania Trump recited the Lord’s Prayer just before assailing her critics.

Melania began her remarks by saying, “let us pray.”

She then continued, reading from the lectern, “our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.”

Following her prayer, the first lady then launched into an ardent defense of the President, as well as herself.

“The America we envision is one that works for all Americans and where all Americans can work and succeed,” she said.

She continued,

“A nation committed to a greater civility and unity between people from all sides of the political divide. I will always stay true to myself and be truthful to you, no matter what the opposition is saying about me.”

Watch the full video here:

You may also like

6 Comments

Jo Anne Mackey at

God bless you for standing up for First Lady Melania Trump. I was thrilled to watch her say the Lord’s Prayer, God is surely with this wonderful lady and her family.

Sue at

Our Nation was founded on Christian principles. Besides, if liberals can flaunt their views, why can another American not have the freedom to give their view. The freedoms of much of Americas liberals have been more important than the freedom of conservatives for too long already.

Jerry Todd at

Adapted from Washington’s Circular to the States, written from his headquarters as commander in chief in Newburgh, New York, on June 8, 1783. This circular was directed to the Governors and States of the new nation; his reference to them has been replaced by the words, “the United States.” Otherwise the words and spelling are those of General Washington:

“I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would have the United States in his holy protection, that he would incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government. To entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Fields, and finally, that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all, to do Justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility and pacific temper of mind, which were the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion (a paraphrase of Micah 6:8), and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation. Amen.”

Inscription over General Washington’s tomb; a part of his own design:
“I am the resurrection and the life, saith the Lord, he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. John 1: 25-26

Maybe Melania was folloqing George Washington’s example.

Sydney Moore at

Bless you first lady..that took courage. Stay strong.

Alain Libre at

Your bigoted husband has got to go. So screw you Mel.
And I’ve still got your escort card in wallet.

Alain Libre at

Your bigoted husband has got to go. So screw you Mel.
And I’ve still got your escort card in my wallet.